New to WHA & Hockey
The Wilmette Park District and Wilmette Hockey Association are partners that offer one of the premier community-based youth hockey programs in Illinois. In Wilmette, there is a place for every level of player.
For beginners, the Wilmette Park District’s Learn to Skate classes and hockey skill development classes serve as a great springboard to your youngster’s first team hockey experience in the WHA’s Mini Mite and Mite House league.
As your skater continues in the WHA program, they can choose to stay in the House program that runs from Mite to Bantam levels. There is a spot for everyone who has a desire to play.
- House hockey is a great place for skaters that want to play team hockey in a fun, competitive environment but with a less time-intensive program.
- If your child is looking for a more competitive experience, players that have the time to practice several times a week and want to play against other teams from across the greater Chicagoland area can join our Youth Travel program (Mite through Midget levels).
Finally, for the 2023-2024 season, we are excited to announce that the WHA was awarded Central States Development Hockey League (CSDHL) teams for several levels of our youth sports program, including: Squirt Minor (2014), Squirt Major (2013), Squirt Prospects (2013/2014), PeeWee Minor (2012), PeeWee Prospects (2011/2012), Bantam Minor (2010), Bantam Prospects (2009/2010) and Midget Prospects (U16).
Together, our goal is to provide a great experience for every level of skater. From the beginner to the most advanced. From the casual player to the most competitive.
Why Choose Wilmette Hockey?
- Team sizes that maximize player development and ice time.
- Elite skills directors.
- Emphasis on building life skills through hockey.
- Super convenient ice times.
- Support for multi-sport athletes.